Thursday, March 6, 2008

21 miles this week

I'm 18 runs into this thing and the hardest one yet was the 3 miles I did on Tuesday on the treadmill. Why is this? I ran 8, no problem, on Saturday. I had some lower leg "awareness" (this is my current euphemism for pain) on Sunday so I took an extra day off. I won't do that again. Two days off after the long run made the short run almost unbearable. I didn't hurt. I just felt dragged about by the treadmill. Could. Not. Get. Going. But yesterday's 5 seemed normal again and my extremities hurt only about like they should. Things are looking up in the weather department and Daylight Saving begins this weekend. I'm looking forward to the evening sunshine.

Pamy, good choice on the marathon. If you're not ready you're not ready. I think once you get faster, you'll find it easier to sustain the distances over 5 miles. I highly recommend the treadmill 3x3s where you run as fast as you can for 3 minutes and recover for 3 minutes. They make you faster fast. We'll see how things go and if I haven't regained my sanity by then, maybe I'll run Utah with you.

And to all you non-blogging bloggers, if you're not posting because your runs are just so easy-peasy and you don't want to be a showoff you can go ahead and post. We don't mind. It's just more fun (for me) to write about how horrible it is. It's not really that horrible. Actually, it's more boring than anything. Why don't you liven things up for us? Post a picture. Write a poem. We can always appreciate more pocket sheep photographs.

No comments: