Saturday, March 1, 2008

There has been a change in plan

I am not quitting. Don't freak out. A marathon I said I would run, and a marathon I shall, so hang onto your invectives.

However, after nearly two weeks of pulmonary malfunction, I am still not 100%. In fact, yesterday I went to help some folks move and after a couple truckloads, I started feeling pretty terrible; this morning I woke up hacking again. So. I think I must needs adopt a Plan B.

I think it would be more feasible for me to run the Logan, UT marathon in September. Give myself the spring to get a nice solid training base and get a little more, well, fit. Then I can train this summer and run the biggie on Spetember 20.

That being said, I have grown fond of you bitches, and I have indulged many a fantasy about road trips to Oregon during my (now seemingly few) miles on the pavement. I dreamed and schemed and hell if I'm not gonna go. So I was thinking, what if I made my goal to run half of the thing and then just walk the rest? I know I can train for 13.1 miles before May 31, but, to be honest, I'm pretty sure I'd have to have a gun to my head to be able to pull out 26.2. None of y'all have guns, right?

So that's my new plan. It feels like a nice cozy little plan, and probably more appropriate for me (given my initial fitness level as evidenced by my ever-bitchworthy pace) even if I had not been stricken down with the plague.

So can we still be friends?

2 comments:

Mike said...

Friends?
mmm...okay.
Anyway, glad to hear that you're not d-e-d. I was getting worried.

Flood said...

i think mike's the only one with guns, so if he's cool with it you're safe.