Sunday, March 2, 2008

'Tis the season

For pocket sheep!

It's true. It's lambing season, here in Oregon. I know because I saw some.



And they were playing like puppies!



Oh, also I ran. I think that eight miles is where you cross the line into long runs. Up to five miles is like going for a run. Six miles is a 10K. Seven miles? Eh, what's one more? Eight miles. Now you have something to prove. Anyway, it's done.

Here's the thing: I ran from work. Mostly because, you know, I had to work; it was my turn and all. Prior to my run it was raining so hard that your visibility was impaired. Then came the hail. Then came the sun! My run was more or less sunny and more or less dry. You can't ask for much more than that. The other cool thing was that I got to run on some of the same roads that I ran on as a kid, from about the ages of 10 to 15 (I lived at about the 4-mile mark) and so it was pleasant in a couple of different ways. Please understand that it was still a lot like work and I sure didn't care to bend down for anything when I was done, but my mind was well-occupied while I was out in it, despite the long, open stretches. I'm not running with a watch these days, but I'm guessing that this took me about an hour and twenty minutes. You can check my route below.




P.S.
I hope to keep seeing some Pamy posts from time to time.

1 comment:

Flood said...

I love you! Thanks for my pocket sheep. I'm making the cuteness face.