Monday, February 11, 2008

The only way is up

Um. I have a little confession to make, which I am probably only making since Mike made it first and I think everyone still likes him...

I didn't run last week either.

In fact, I got slammed with the worst depression of my life. I missed church(this is a big deal for those of you who don't know me) because I was so sad, and I stayed home in bed . I have never stayed in bed due to being sad ever before. But my "you-suck-at-running-life-isn't-worth-living" voice was yelling so loud, I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I hope I can shake it, is all I'm saying. It's weird how your own brain will sabotage the hell out of you, when you were just trying to be nice to it.

Since I did the first two weeks of training, essentially, during the two weeks before the Actual Training began, I think I will, as you said, Mike, just jump in and hope for the best. My current plan, suggested by my concerned and very supportive spouse, is to commit (really, truly, genuinely) to the first month of training. Kind of the same brain game as telling yourself you just have to get to the end of the block, top of the hill, etc. when you actually have to run three more miles. So that's the plan for now. And I am anticipating unseasonably tolerable temperatures today (it was downright not freezing yesterday and melted most of the snowy ice death) so I will be running out in the elements. I am hoping for a good one.

In other news, my sister, upon hearing through the grapevine that my resolve was flagging before I even began training, approached me and asked if I would return her ipod, claiming that an average twenty year old does, in fact, require two ipods to make the day go by. I guess I'll have to figure out how to make the mp3 player on my phone play mp3's. Damn.

No comments: