Wednesday, February 6, 2008

the treadmill naysayer

So for all my big talk about the treadmill being not as good I ran my first official training miles on one. It was late, dark, raining, New York. I just didn't have the outdoors in me. And it was a horrible three miles. I don't know if my body is resisting cause it knows what I have planned for the next 16 weeks or what, but I hate hate hate running normal speed for three miles in the same place. I'm gonna try to save it for some speed work if I feel like it or in case the weather really gets desperate and dangerous, but otherwise it does not suit me. If it suits you, fine, good, whatever. Way better to run on the treadmill than not run. Michelle, I don't know if three days a week at longer distances is as good, but I trust that if you're cross-training and mentally prepared, you'll be fine that way for a few more weeks.

I'm not feeling that positive at the moment so if someone wants to take over cheer duty for the moment, feel free.

No comments: