Sunday, February 17, 2008

Still in it

I've completed week #2. I did all the stuff. It took six days, but as we know, six days does not a week make. Yes, appropo of nothing, but fun just the same. Anyway, I shuffled my six miles today and it was ok. I'm glad that I did it. It started out cloudy and cold but dry this morning. By afternoon, it had cleared to that oh-so-welcome February sunshine; glaring and bright with hard shadows, but it probably didn't get above 50. Good enough for a good sweat, but not exactly springtime.

See below:



So, I'm in it, of course, but it still doesn't feel good. Hey, I don't mean to complain, mostly because I don't want to bring anyone down but I'm just getting through it. I've yet to hit that stride, relax, get and feel all loose-jointed and let my mind just let go to where you actually feel like you could run forever. It's not happening. But it will. I've been here before and I know that it will come. I was just hoping that it would be here by now.

None of that matters though, because I will be running my seven miles next Saturday in Brooktown, USA! Eat your hearts out :)

2 comments:

Flood said...

You ran in all that when it was 50? You're nuts! I don't wear that much clothing when it's 20. Now come over!

Mike said...

No. No...I put the shirt on for my cool down.

Hey! Save my spot!