Friday, January 25, 2008

Best Run Ever

I just had one of those runs that you come back to mentally over and over again. The kind that makes you go out and run even when you don't want to, in hopes of having that feeling again. The kind that you visualize on the ninth mile of an 18 mile run when you're starting to forget that this isn't torture, no, you love this. It is cold here. 32 and windy. But the sun is glorious over the Hudson and I have missed running in daylight.

On my way to the river path, a traffic cop hopped up and down with me while I waited for the light to change. I saw a woman biking with an empty tag-along, and then on my way back it was full of two-year-old. I saw some kids with skateboards trying to break into a fenced part of the pier. I saw a big-ass dog wearing a sweater. A guy in a rent-a-party truck yelled "lookin' good!" and gave me a thumbs up. I was looking good. I was looking awesome. Perhaps because I am awesome.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Yeah...It's like THAT!

Kathy said...

Ah yes, I love runs like this! It is amazing how it is often the little things-the smell of the breeze, the sight of birds flying overhead-that really make runs special. Keep training! I'm at the end of mine-my race is this weekend-and I'm already missing those training runs on Saturday mornings.