Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Wednesday

I went. It was cold. It's over. I'm glad.

I ran by a bank. It said 25 degrees. I don't know if you can trust a bank these days but that's what it said. I do know know this: every bit of water I saw on my way was frozen solid. Not icing over, mind you. Frozen. Solid. There wasn't much of it though; it's been clear, cold, sunny, bright and beautiful here all week - freezing the very moisture right out of the air. Still, you had to be careful.

On a more interesting topic, has anyone noticed the moon this week? Ohmygosh! It's been gorgeous: rising and setting huge and round and full - glowing low in the sky both morning and evening and carving a high arc across the night sky like the summer sun. It's startling. It catches me off guard sometimes and I stop and stare. I love it.

So. Everyone's seeing the movie tomorrow. Right? RIGHT?

2 comments:

Flood said...

I'll be there. I got my ticket already. I love date night.

Michelle said...

There is no stopping in running....not even for the moon! Yes, I have noticed the big beautiful light in the sky through the tears that freeze in my eyes as I am running to the gym after work. Excellence.