Monday, January 21, 2008

Chicken and Waffles


I was writing the sixteen week countdown in my calendar (with marathon week as week sixteen, and working backward) and concluded that week one actually begins on February 18. If you count each month as having four weeks, sixteen weeks would begin four months before the day of the marathon (duh). BUT, since each month has more like four and a half weeks, the marathon training should actually start a bit later.

My final conclusion is that I must really be scared of this training if I am willing to engage my menial arithmetic skills to postpone it. Could someone double check? I have been known to get mixed up on these sorts of things. As I said, I'm not so great with numbers. If I am right, we still have a month before official training begins. I hope I am right.

Does anyone know why my entire abdomen might be seizing/cramping when I run? I hypothesized that it was induced by the fact that my gym plays Matchbox 20 on a regular basis (whose innards wouldn't seize?), but I just thought I would throw it out there in case anyone knows any good tricks (coach?). I am not talking about a little side stitch/intercostal muscle pinch here. I am talking about out-and-out visceral cries for mercy. Perhaps I should quit eating altogether.

In other news, I have, at least for the blizzardy moment, taken wholeheartedly to the treadmill. I found I was able to complete three miles easily (despite visceral mayhem) simply by following the subtitles on some show starring snoop dogg and, allegedly, his wife and children (I do not know if they were his real wife and children or not, but I prefer to think they were). He kept bitching at people to go get him roscoe's, and it was all quite amusing, but, unfortunately, resulted in an unfulfilled craving for fried chicken.

Am I still talking? Sorry. I'm just putting off going to the gym :)

No comments: