Friday, January 11, 2008

So Erin Wants Me to Run a Marathon


Well, it's ok. She's allowed to be the inspiration for my first, since I was the inspiration for hers (even though I did not run it myself, due to straight bailing). I would tend to take issue with our web address, runyourassoff, because, let's face it, with an ass like mine, it ain't going off or anywhere else. Everything else about the blog works for me though. Thanks, Flood. You're a lamb.

So, Michael and Michelle, you don't know me, and you may never. I would like to say we can all get acquainted during our several hours of running together in May, but I am pretty sure I am going to be in the "dust-eating"category. I can run for thirty minutes, all right, but I only get two miles run (perhaps 'run' isn't the most precise word) during that time. So it may be a six hour trot for me. Perhaps my marathon would be more aptly placed in the slow-ass category than the run-your-ass-off category.

I hope I do get to know you, though, because, in my experience, Flood has impeccable taste. I am prepared to be charmed, and you should be too. I am no runner, but I like to do serious stuff (like get married; that was pretty serious). I have a silly blog that you can read if you want to get to know me better, but, beware, it's good and silly.

I am glad this is happening. As a stay at home mom with no kids, my life could use a little adventure, but I can't afford any of the more traditional types. This will be great. Let's go do the hardest thing we can think of together.

Nice to meet you.

No comments: